British Skewbald and Piebald AssociationThe British Skewbald and Piebald Association was formed in 1988 by a group of Skewbald and Piebald enthusiasts who wished to see an association dedicated to the promotion and welfare of the coloured horses throughout the entire United Kingdom.
The Association encourages and supports competitive endeavour, responsible ownership and breeding to maximise the potential of all Skewbald and Piebald equines.
The Association firmly believes that all types of coloured horses from Shetlands to Shire and Show Ponies to Competition Horses types exist and should be equally supported and recognised.
The Association holds regular shows as well as stallion and mare gradings throughout the year with the World Championships of Colour being the exciting culmination. There are also regular newsletters to keep you up to date with interesting articles and images for Skewbald and Piebald horse enthusiasts.
- Download membership form from BSPA.... Click Here
- Download overstamping other Societies Passport form from downloads page. All Passports must be recorded in the name of the person who is overstamping the Passport. We cannot overstamp a Passport then wait for you to send a change of ownership afterwards.
- Remember to apply for your qualification cards RIHS WCC and Amateur, they are listed on the back of the membership form.
- Competing in RIHS Classes with a pony 153cms or under - then you must provide us with a valid height certificate (JMB Certificates are valid for the year of issue only) JMB required for RIHS ponies 153cms and under. We do not require a JMB for Shetland ponies competing in RIHS Classes. Please note that height certificates are not required for inhand competitors or those competing in World of Colour qualifying classes.
- Send correct fees either cash, Postal Order, Cheque or Bankers Draft to Stanley House Silt Drove Tipps End Welney Wisbech Cambs PE14 9SL
- See information on Express Service , as all fees are to be paid either cash or postal order, not just the £50 express fee.
- Please ensure that you write clearly and fill in all information required, including post code and County.
- If sending a Passport for overstamping make sure you take it to the Post Office have it weighed and send recorded delivery.
- All cheques will be cleared before any service can be carried out.
- Fill in renewal form fill it in clearly and in full, including Postcode and County.
- Qualified for RIHS 2013 in 2012 then send the qualification card and a fee of £18 plus your 2013 membership fee + JMB if required (no later than 1/3/2013 or the qualification will become invalid), we will transfer qualification onto your 2013 card. We would recommend you send it by recorded delivery.
- Renewing when you where not a member in 2012, you will have to pay a rejoining fee of £10
- Renewing after 1.3.2013 a £10 rejoining fee is payable.