British Skewbald and Piebald Association
Slide Show - BSPA Northern Star Show 2015
Inhand & Reserve Champion
RIHS Class Winners
BSPA PASSPORT NEWS (2)
BSPA PASSPORT RECALL NOTICE: (Applies to BSPA Passports only)
If you have a BSPA Passport ( or a BHD Passport issued on behalf of BSPA) between
1999 & 2001 which does NOT have any “Medicinal Treatment” pages either Section A & Section B (not intended or intended for slaughter for Human Consumption),
And / Or a UELN (a15 digit “Unique Equine Life Number” commencing with
Then you are required by law under Passport regulations to return the document to BSPA for updating.
- It will be re- made to current Passport Security standards, including being indivisibly bound using rivets, a numbered pages pack & a Hologram.
- Any current health information will be transferred into the new document.
- You should be aware that if your horse/pony has not been excluded from the human food chain by any previous owner or you, then the BSPA is required by Passport regulations, to do so prior to returning the document to you.
- Where a horse/pony has been signed into the food chain by any previous owner or you and the passport when returned to BSPA is intact, and undamaged, then that status will remain in the new document. Where there is any doubt as to the veracity of such a declaration then the BSPA is required by Passport regulations to declare the animal as “Permanently Excluded”.
- A special reduced fee of £15 has been agreed for all such replacement passports.
If you have purchased a horse/pony with a BSPA Passport document and have not yet returned the document to BSPA for ownership change processing then you
MUST do so immediately or within 30 days of purchase.
Not to do so is an offence under E.U. Passport Legislation (Commission Regulation 504/2008).
- If the above applies then you MUST return the passport to BSPA with your full details and date of purchase so that we can transfer the equine into your name thus ensuring accurate keeper details is maintained.
“Transfer of Ownership” forms are at the back of a BSPA Passport for this use. If they have been removed then your details and a copy of the ‘bill of sale’ will suffice.
We reserve the right at our discretion to contact the last recorded owner to ensure the equine left them under bone-fide- circumstances.
- Current fees for ownership changes incl. return by 2nd class recorded delivery mail is
- PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT BSPA IS REQUIRED BY DEFRA TO ‘REPORT’ ALL SUCH LATE ADVISORY NOTIFICATIONS TO OUR LOCAL TRADING STANDARDS WHO HOLD PASSPORT REGULATION ENFORCEMENT POWERS.
If any of the above circumstances apply to you, please act immediately to ensure your document is brought up to date.
If you are unsure please call the BSPA Telephone advice line between 10-3pm Tuesday-Friday incl.
We are here to help.
BSPA Passport Registrar December 2014.
JOINING BSPA AS A NEW MEMBER
AND OVERSTAMPING ANOTHER SOCIETIES PASSPORT
Download membership form from BSPA....
Download overstamping other Societies Passport form from downloads page. All Passports must be recorded in the name of the person who is overstamping the Passport. We cannot overstamp a Passport then wait for you to send a change of ownership afterwards.
Remember to apply for your qualification cards
RIHS WCC and Amateur, they are listed on the back of the membership
Competing in RIHS Classes with a pony 153cms or
under - then you must provide us with a valid height certificate (JMB
Certificates are valid for the year of issue only) JMB required for RIHS
ponies 153cms and under. We do not require a JMB for Shetland ponies
competing in RIHS Classes. Please note that height certificates are not
required for inhand competitors or those competing in World of Colour qualifying classes.
Send correct fees either cash, Postal Order,
Cheque or Bankers Draft to Stanley House Silt Drove Tipps End Welney Wisbech Cambs PE14 9SL
See information on
Express Service , as all fees
are to be paid either cash or postal order, not just the £60 express
Please ensure that you write clearly and
fill in all information required, including post code and County.
If sending a Passport for overstamping
make sure you take it to the Post Office have it weighed and send
All cheques will be cleared before any
service can be carried out.
REJOINING BSPA WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER
- Fill in renewal form fill it in clearly and in full, including Postcode and County.
- Qualified for RIHS 2015 in 2014 then send the
qualification card and a fee of £20 plus your 2015 membership fee + JMB if required (no later than 1/3/2015 or the qualification will become invalid), we will transfer qualification onto your 2015 card. We would recommend you send it by recorded delivery.
- Renewing when you where not a member in 2014 you will have to pay a rejoining fee of £10
- Renewing after 1.3.2015 a £10 rejoining fee is payable.