BSPA Contact Details
Telephone 01354 638226
Mobile 0741 1121106
Ofiice Hours 10am-4pm Monday - Friday
BSPA members get an exclusive 20% discount on all advertising with Horsezone.co.uk
more info ...
For Covering Certificates
BSPA EASTERN REGIONAL
SUNDAY 6TH MARCH 2016
PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE 1ST MARCH 2016
FOREST EDGE ARENA
DRYMERE SWAFFHAM NORFOLK
Schedule & Entry Form
Booking can also be done on line
BSPA FESTIVAL OF SHOWING
& WINTER CHAMPIONSHIPS
SATURDAY 19TH MARCH 2016
The College Equestrian Centre
Stallion Parade Entry Form
BSPA STALLION / MARE GRADING/strong>
FRIDAY 25TH MARCH 2016
NORTHALLERTON EC YAFFORTH
British Skewbald and Piebald Association
BSPA Christmas Photo Show
Please visit our Facebook
page and like your favourite
PASSPORT APPLICATIONS 2016
From January 1st 2016 new Passport Regulations come into force.
- ALL new application forms and Guidance notes are available from the BSPA office - BSPA Stanley House. Silt Drove, Tippsend, nr Welney. Cambs. PE14 9SL, whilst this page is reconstructed.
- The Regulations require that ALL ‘horses’ will be classified as for “Breeding & Production” (unknown or unregistered breeding) OR “Registered Horses” i.e. those eligible for either entry into the BSPA Studbook or the Verified breeding register
- Applicants are still required to have a sketch sheet completed by a Vet and to be micro-chipped. Bar code sticker to be sent with application
- ALL Applications dated 31/12/2015 or earlier will be accepted using existing Application forms and vet sketch sheets.
Under the new Regulations any equine born during 2015 but without any passport (or 2015 application prior to 31/12)
WILL henceforth only be eligible for a “Replacement” passport. Whether or not one exists already, and the equine automatically signed out of the Human Food Chain
- Duplicate Passports, applications for a duplicate
WILL now be required to have a new Sketch sheet completed by a Vet.
For full details of these regulations, please refer to the EU Official Journal of the European Union L59. The English edition is downloadable from this
BSPA Website or from DEFRA at
- ALL Passports issued in 2015 or other years remain valid and legal
- You are reminded of your legal duty to register any ownership changes under Passport Regulations.
- ALL passports issued prior to year 2000 will need to be returned to BSPA (see previous notices re Passport recall) for updating and / or re-issuing as applicable
If you have purchased a horse/pony with a BSPA Passport document and have not yet returned the document to BSPA for ownership change processing then you
MUST do so immediately or within 30 days of purchase.
Not to do so is an offence under E.U. Passport Legislation (Commission Regulation 504/2008).
- If the above applies then you MUST return the passport to BSPA with your full details and date of purchase so that we can transfer the equine into your name thus ensuring accurate keeper details is maintained.
“Transfer of Ownership” forms are at the back of a BSPA Passport for this use. If they have been removed then your details and a copy of the ‘bill of sale’ will suffice.
We reserve the right at our discretion to contact the last recorded owner to ensure the equine left them under bone-fide- circumstances.
- Current fees for ownership changes incl. return by 2nd class recorded delivery mail is
- PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT BSPA IS REQUIRED BY DEFRA TO ‘REPORT’ ALL SUCH LATE ADVISORY NOTIFICATIONS TO OUR LOCAL TRADING STANDARDS WHO HOLD PASSPORT REGULATION ENFORCEMENT POWERS.
If any of the above circumstances apply to you, please act immediately to ensure your document is brought up to date.
If you are unsure please call the BSPA Telephone advice line between 10-3pm Tuesday-Friday incl.
We are here to help.
BSPA Passport Registrar December 2014.
JOINING BSPA AS A NEW MEMBER
AND OVERSTAMPING ANOTHER SOCIETIES PASSPORT
Download membership form from BSPA....
Download overstamping other Societies Passport form from downloads page. All Passports must be recorded in the name of the person who is overstamping the Passport. We cannot overstamp a Passport then wait for you to send a change of ownership afterwards.
Remember to apply for your qualification cards
RIHS WCC and Amateur, they are listed on the back of the membership
Competing in RIHS Classes with a pony 153cms or
under - then you must provide us with a valid height certificate (JMB
Certificates are valid for the year of issue only) JMB required for RIHS
ponies 153cms and under. We do not require a JMB for Shetland ponies
competing in RIHS Classes. Please note that height certificates are not
required for inhand competitors or those competing in World of Colour qualifying classes.
Send correct fees either cash, Postal Order,
Cheque or Bankers Draft to Stanley House Silt Drove Tipps End Welney Wisbech Cambs PE14 9SL
See information on
Express Service , as all fees
are to be paid either cash or postal order, not just the £60 express
Please ensure that you write clearly and
fill in all information required, including post code and County.
If sending a Passport for overstamping
make sure you take it to the Post Office have it weighed and send
All cheques will be cleared before any
service can be carried out.
REJOINING BSPA WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER
- Fill in renewal form fill it in clearly and in full, including Postcode and County.
- Qualified for RIHS 2015 in 2014 then send the
qualification card and a fee of £20 plus your 2015 membership fee + JMB if required (no later than 1/3/2015 or the qualification will become invalid), we will transfer qualification onto your 2015 card. We would recommend you send it by recorded delivery.
- Renewing when you where not a member in 2014 you will have to pay a rejoining fee of £10
- Renewing after 1.3.2015 a £10 rejoining fee is payable.