British Skewbald and Piebald Association
HORSE PASSPORTS: NEWS ALERT
- DEFRA HORSE PASSPORT REGULATIONS WILL CHANGE ON 1ST FEBRUARY 2014.
- THE NEW REGULATIONS AND FUTURE LEGISLATION WILL INTRODUCE NEW AND IMPROVED SECURITY FEATURES, TIMESCALES AND OFFENCES.
- AS A RESULT ALL NEW BSPA PASSPORTS (FROM FEBRUARY 1) WILL LOOK VERY DIFFERENT. AS WILL THEIR CONTENTS. SADLY FEES WILL INCREASE TO ACCOMMODATE THESE CHANGES, THE FIRST FEE INCREASE SINCE 2009.
- FROM FEBRUARY 1 2014 PLEASE REFER TO THE NEWlLY CREATED PASSPORT BUTTON ON THE WEBSITE FOR ALL FORMS PRICES AND GUIDANCE NOTES.
- WE ARE OBLIGED UNDER THESE REGULATIONS TO BIND USING RIVETTS RATHER THAN STRIP BINDINGS, AND TO PRINT USING SECURE PRINTING METHODS. COVERS WILL BE WRAP AROUND.
- WE ARE ALSO APPLYING SECURITY HOLLOGRAMS, EACH WITH A UNIQUE NUMBER.
- FUTURE LEGISLATION IS NOW EXPECTED IN THE EARLY PART OF 2015 RATHER THAN THIS YEAR.
- ALL EXISTING BSPA PASSPORTS REMAIN VALID.
- PASSPORTS ISSUED BEFORE 2009 THAT DO NOT HAVE MEDICINAL TREATMENT SECTION IX PAGES HOWEVER WILL NEED TO BE RETURNED TO THE BSPA FOR UPDATING AND RE-ISSUE. SEE SPECIAL NOTICE: ADMIN FEE £15.
- Download membership form from BSPA.... Click Here
- Download overstamping other Societies Passport form from downloads page. All Passports must be recorded in the name of the person who is overstamping the Passport. We cannot overstamp a Passport then wait for you to send a change of ownership afterwards.
- Remember to apply for your qualification cards RIHS WCC and Amateur, they are listed on the back of the membership form.
- Competing in RIHS Classes with a pony 153cms or under - then you must provide us with a valid height certificate (JMB Certificates are valid for the year of issue only) JMB required for RIHS ponies 153cms and under. We do not require a JMB for Shetland ponies competing in RIHS Classes. Please note that height certificates are not required for inhand competitors or those competing in World of Colour qualifying classes.
- Send correct fees either cash, Postal Order, Cheque or Bankers Draft to Stanley House Silt Drove Tipps End Welney Wisbech Cambs PE14 9SL
- See information on Express Service , as all fees are to be paid either cash or postal order, not just the £60 express fee.
- Please ensure that you write clearly and fill in all information required, including post code and County.
- If sending a Passport for overstamping make sure you take it to the Post Office have it weighed and send recorded delivery.
- All cheques will be cleared before any service can be carried out.
- Fill in renewal form fill it in clearly and in full, including Postcode and County.
- Qualified for RIHS 2014 in 2013 then send the qualification card and a fee of £20 plus your 2014 membership fee + JMB if required (no later than 1/3/2014 or the qualification will become invalid), we will transfer qualification onto your 2014 card. We would recommend you send it by recorded delivery.
- Renewing when you where not a member in 2013, you will have to pay a rejoining fee of £10
- Renewing after 1.3.2014 a £10 rejoining fee is payable.